|Mosaics - 2 Days||
Mon 8 & Tues 9 March
|9.30am to 3pm on both days
Anne's Studio, Whitianga
This two-day workshop is for beginners working in tile and china. All materials are provided, including some china to share, and there are tools that you can use. Please bring your own if you have any.
You will choose a bird, heart or fish shape to work on. The substrate is aquamox and is suitable for interior and exterior hanging.
You will learn about different substrates and how to prepare them.
- What glues to use and where.
- Using china and materials in different ways.
- Different tools and how to use them.
- Where to buy materials.
- How to grout, tinting grout, and grouting with various colours
- Any china or materials you may have for mosaic.
- An apron or old shirt.
- Any embellishments you may want to use – old jewellery, glass beads, ceramic shapes.
- Your lunch (tea, coffee and morning tea provided).
About Anne Bowden
Anne has been mosaicing since 2003 and she especially enjoys working with china and tile. A skilled painter of china, Anne paints and fires many of the pieces in her mosaics. Anne has been involved in all New Zealand Mosaic Art National Exhibitions, winning a number of awards, and she is a long-standing member of Mercury Bay Art Escape.